mercredi 15 janvier 2014

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (3ème/Groupe3)


Title : The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Author : Agatha Christie

Genre : Detective Novel

Blurb :
Roger Ackroyd was a man who knew far too much : he knew that his mistress, Mrs Ferrars, had poisoined her husband, that someone was blackmailing her and that she commited suicide. Before dying, Mrs Ferrars sent him a letter enclosing the name of her blackmailer. Later on, Roger Ackroyd was found murdered while reading the letter. The reader follows Dr Sheppard who investigates the murder of Roger Ackroyd with the help of the famous detective Hercule Poirot.

Personal opinion : I really loved this book and I was captivated by the story and could not stop reding it until the end.

Why I chose this book : I chose this book as I love Agatha Christie and it is said to be her masterpiece.

What I enjoyed about the book : This book is both hilarious ans dramatic with plenty of surprises.

I would recommand this book to readers who...love mysteries ans surprises while enjoying laughing.

Level :
The level is not too challenging : I believe the minimal level required would be level 2 at CFBL

Rating : 5/5

Camille