lundi 12 mai 2014

The Hound of the Baskerville (3ème/Groupe2)

Title: The Hound of the Baskerville            

Author: Arthur Conan Doyle

Genre: Detective story

Blurb:

The book is about Sherlock Holmes and Dr.Watson trying to resolve the problem of the several deaths in the Baskerville family due, according to a legend, to an enormous hound. To find out the truth, Holmes sends his assistant Dr.Watson to investigate on this case and help Henry Baskerville who is apparently in danger…
Will Dr.Watson have enough experience to figure out the problem alone? Will you crack the mystery before him?

Personal opinion:

I chose to read this book because some people had already read the book so they recommended it to me and because I like suspenseful and mysterious stories.
I enjoyed the way the author brought suspense at the end of each chapter and that’s why I couldn’t stop to read the book even if there were fewer interesting chapters.
It is for me one of the best detective stories I have ever read.
I would recommend this book to people who are comfortable with hard and old vocabulary.

Level: It is a challenging book because there is some complex vocabulary.It was for me one of the most difficult books that I had ever read.


Rating:4/5

First Name of the reviewer: Thomas               

Class/ English group: 3emeC/ 2nd group