lundi 12 mai 2014

The forest of silence ( Deltora Quest series) (4ème/Groupe2)

The forest of silence ( Deltora Quest series)

Author : By Emily Rodda

Genre : Fantasy


Blurb: The Shadow Lord army invades Deltora, a country in trouble because the king died and his son is really young. When the Shadow Lord takes the castle, the young king is ousted and he is completely lost outside the palace. His friend Jarred helps him and takes him away from the Grey Gards who are really cruel and cause damage to people just for their own pleasure. Jarred promises his friend that he will help him to find the gems and get the throne back. The gems are the only way for him to take the throne back, they are magic but unfortunately they are scattered around the country. But Jarred is victim of an unfortunate accident so he can’t help his friend anymore. He hopes that his son will take his place to join the quest. After Jarred talks to him about his former life - how he became friend with the king and how he saved him from the Shadow - Lief, Jarred’s son, is determined to find the lost stones and to rid the Deltora of  the  Shadow Lord . Their first goal is the sinister forest of silence but can they survive? If you want to know, read the book.

I chose this book because my brother told me that when he was my age, he read this book and he really enjoyed it and also because my favourite book genre is fantasy.
What I enjoyed the most in this book was the fact that there was a lot of suspense and I pretty much read it in two days because I was so immersed into it.

I would recommend this book to all the people who like fantasy stories. This book is becoming more and more addictive as you keep reading. But I would not recommend this book to adults because it is a bit to childish. I would rather recommend it to people around 12-15 years old.

I would give fifteen out of twenty for this book.

Alexandre C 4è