mercredi 9 avril 2014

Wonder (4ème/Gr.1)

Title :  Wonder

Author: R.J. Palacio 

Genre : Novel

Blurb :

This story is about a young boy, named August. He has a deformed face which scared “normal” people. He has got a sister, Olivia, and a dog, Daisy. He doesn’t go to school so he studies with his mother. But when he becomes teenager he decides with his parents to go to school even if he is afraid of other pupils’ reactions… Will he convince other students that he is inside “a normal boy”? Of course it won’t be easy; there are a lot of different behaviours depending on classmates’ personalities. Which one would be yours? You can’t be neutral.

Personal opinion:
I chose this book because my mother recommended it to me.
This book is very moving, sentimental and suspenseful. It is so well described that I can easily imagine his emotions. It’s a beautiful book on differences and tolerance.
I would recommend this book to teenagers and adults, but not to too young children because they could be shocked by some people’s reactions. For me, it’s a total must-read!I’ve never read a book that well described.
I think there are people nicer than others. But in general when people start to really know August, they become friendlier. They take care of him and of course defend him when someone hurts him. For me, the most adorable person is Summer and the meanest person is Jack.
 It’s the best book I’ve ever read.
Level
Very easy to read with a rich and precise vocabulary. It’s also a great opportunity to learn new words. I’ve improved a lot my vocabulary.

Rating: 5/5

First Name of the reviewer:  Charlotte 

Class/ English group: 4°/ 1 group.